Shop Online at FAT MUMMA'S

View our range of nappy bags and hand bags for parents.


Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Great to see a dad blogging too!!

I realised today that I don't actually link to any men! So, in making an effort to stand by my aim to be non-gender specific... I have found a very amusing dad blogging site which I point you all to! Check out, reservoirdad.blogspot.com for some insights in to the world of a stay-at-home dad; which are actually not that rare these days... I'm happy to say!

In the same vein I was discussing the sad case for children friendly male toilets with another stay-at-home dad friend of mine. I realised I have never thought about some of the simple problems dads face in our supposed 'dad-friendly' society! He was telling me how it's really hard to find clean male toilets that he can take his daughter to when he is out and about. Most male toilets also don't have a baby change table, unlike most female toilets... my little mind finds this very interesting! As much as we may try to move away from our gender stereotypes, there are still these simple societal pressures that keep our mindset stuck in female, male roles!

Anyway, enough of my diarrhea about toilets... on to much nicer news...

This SUNDAY 16TH AUGUST Fat Mumma's will be the the LifeStyle Market, showcasing Victorian Small Businesses, as Federation Square, Melbourne City, between 12pm and 4pm. I have new coin purses for sale and will also be handing out lots of info about is... and hopefully some show bags (although I have yet to get myself in gear to organise this!

Sleep tight...

Love

Fat Mumma xx

1 comment:

Stomper Girl said...

At our local pool there are 2 tiny "family" change-rooms which are impossible to get into because of the heavy demand for them. Now that my older boy is over 7 and technically not allowed in the womens' change room I ham having similar problems to the Dads. Call me crazy, but I feel deeply uneasy sending him off by himself to the Mens' Change-room; what happened to that poor little boy at the MCG still rings in my head.