Shop Online at FAT MUMMA'S

View our range of nappy bags and hand bags for parents.


Sunday, August 2, 2009

Gotta get that rhythm back....



Oooo, after a week of holidays and being completely out of range for all forms of communication... I am finding it hard to find my rhythm today! However, had a brilliant time watching crocodiles and enjoying life in the Northern Territory. I would describe it hesitantly as paradise for white, middle-class types like myself.... but I couldn't help feeling a sense of unease at the cultural divide between aboriginal and middle-class whites! I really wish there was a solution to the problems up there, but I don't think anyone really knows where to start! Throwing money at the problem seems to be the only solution they have come up with so far!

We did the full-on touristy thing with a campervan through Litchfield Park. It was fabulous! Soooo nice to be out in the bush. It truly is the best place to go for relaxing... forget yoga classes for a year... just park yourself in the bush for week and listen to the sound of the wilderness (and the britz vans generators!!!).

Anyway, I am on a mission to create this week... so stay tuned. We also have the launch of the Handmade book this week. I will post our page as soon as I've seen it!

Love

Fat Mumma xxx

1 comment:

Stomper Girl said...

Glad you got to chill out and that you came back relaxed. I always worry that taking kids on a great big road trip would be the opposite of relaxing!