Shop Online at FAT MUMMA'S

View our range of nappy bags and hand bags for parents.


Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Other Handmade Wonders...


I was just reading Betty Jo's linoforestblog and remembered that the Northcote Winter Artisan market was on this weekend. The weather was miserable, but it sounds like there was some beautiful stuff there. Here are some of the links that I followed and loved: Finki
curlypops,Polly Pratt.

I am particularly inspired to try the freezer paper stencilling, but just keep wondering what on earth 'freezer paper' is? Will have to look out for it at the supermarket. I usually use powerpoint slide plastic for my stencils. That way you can wash it and reuse it. Stick it on with masking tape. It's a bit harder to cut through than card or paper, but the fact that you can use it a number of time makes up for it.

I had considered applying for the Northcote market, but just couldn't bring myself to stand out in the freezing cold and then have to come home and give a babysitter my take for the day! There are many times I have actually ended up paying more money out than I have made... can you believe the craziness of PAYING to stand in the freezing cold and wet all day????? Crafting is madness you realise!

Love

Fat Mumma

2 comments:

Stomper Girl said...

I've got no idea what freezer paper is either.

Re your kitty-cat stencil, the big kid would also like some pants but I keep forgetting to measure him. WE adore the Cherub's pair.

Betty Jo said...

Crafting + earning + dedication x
(winter-comfort)= MADNESS.