Shop Online at FAT MUMMA'S

View our range of nappy bags and hand bags for parents.


Friday, July 10, 2009

Barbie, barbie, lets go party....




I couldn't get that crappy Barbie song out of my head as I wandered around the Barbie 50th Anniversary exhibition at Fed Square today. That was annoying, but surprisingly, even with 4 young girls in tow, I quite enjoyed it. It was interesting not only from a fashion designer perspective (which I have to admit never having really thought about there being a fashion designer behind every Barbie outfit!), but also from a visual merchandising view; and a brand marketing point of view. All this, AND it kept the girls entertained for an hour or so.....!!!!

We also did a sock puppet making workshop at Artplay, which was a recycled, craft, creative art-experience, which I feel balanced the materialistic, capitalistic, egotistic, self-indulgence of the Barbie exhibition. I reckon that's as good as 'carbon-neutural'??? Don't you think there should be a 'capitalistic-neutral' facebook group somewhere??? Maybe that should by the by-line for the melbourne craft cartel?????

Also read Betty Jo's blog and realised she is in Handmade in Melbourne too.... beaut!!!!

Love

Fat Mumma xxx

1 comment:

Stomper Girl said...

I want to try an Artplay workshop next hols. We took the kids to Birrarung Marr at about the same time you were visiting Barbie I reckon but we didn't bother taking the boys anywhere near the House of Pink, we let them skip rocks in the Yarra and jump and climb on the play equipment instead.